Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ready or Not...

Well, today I was "checked" at my doctor's appointment and I'm 3 centimeters dilated and 80% effaced. So, basically the baby is on his way! We are just waiting for contractions to start. I have not taken many pictures of this pregnancy because of all the drama that has happened. I think the last picture that was taken was at Christmas. Tonight Ryan was invited to a Hockey game, and yes he went. I am a nice wife, so anyone is welcome to remind him of that! But as I was sitting on the couch, hair pulled back, jammies on, I thought what if the baby comes tonight and I don't get a picture? So, husbandless, I turned to my 4 year old and 2 year old to get some last minute pictures! Here is Zachy's attempt! Poor kid, I never realized that is what he sees at his eye level!
Here is Allison's first attempt. I actually prefer this one because you can't see my face!
Here is the only picture taken that gives the "full" effect. Not too bad for a four year old! If the baby hangs in there a little longer, I may take a more flattering picture. But this will have to do for now! We'll keep you all posted!

8 comments:

davebo said...

wow i actually beat emily to the first comment. anyways funny post jen. also, you are a good wife, i doubt kenna would ever let me leave her side let alone go to a hockey game.

Emily said...

too funny. You look so good even when you are not all done up. Good luck with everything!

Helena said...

You look so good. You always look great when you are preggers. This little guy should be here any time and I am SO excited!!
BTW, you are a REALLY nice wife. If I was even half that close to delivering I don't think I would even let Kevin go to the corner store. I guess by the time you are on your 3rd, you are such a champ you can handle it. Keep us posted...xoxoxo

Amy Danni said...

Bottom line! I would die to look like you when you are pregnant! All 3, still rocking bod and gorgeous! I can't wait to see the little stud! xoxo

Kristin said...

Congrats on baby Joshua! I can't wait to meet him!

grannybabs said...

There's a pregnant pix of you on my blog - you look great in that one too.

Desirae Badger said...

These pictures really are telling. First of all, are you sure you're full term in these and that you really did have to stay in bed for a few months? Okay, because really, this hardly looks like a bubble ready to burst! Secondly, I'm loving the toddler perspective. So easy to forget, but their view is really like the muppet babies cartoon where it never shows the lady's face, but always her legs because that's all the kids see. We must look like towering giants to these kids, I think it gives us a slight advantage in parenting, the whole intimidation factor. I have to admit I love reading your blog because you have quite a sense of humor, and combine that with all the funny little "incidents" you document in your day-to-day family life that we all can relate to. I'm always awaiting the next installment of "Menlove Memories." So hopefully you don't mind my obnoxious comments every once in a while. I think you should write a book someday.

Desirae Badger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.