Wednesday, January 16, 2008

To Market, To Market....

and I'm the fat pig!
This is truly a bad picture of me but the story is too funny that I wasn't going to let my vanity pass up a good post. Yesterday we needed to go grocery shopping. By "we" I mean Ryan since he has been doing it now for the past two months. Since I have been moving around a little bit more he thought it would be nice for us all to go together. I was actually fine with the idea because I have really been dying to get out of the house. I just thought I would walk slowly up and down the isles while he pushed the cart and took care of the kids. But when we got to the store he INSISTED that I ride one of the motorized carts. I tried sooo hard to convince him otherwise, but he wouldn't budge. How embarrassing! Then Allison INSISTED that she was going to be the driver. Yes, we crashed into bins that were on the end of the isles, knocked granola bars off the shelf, and yes she came centimeters from hitting customers in the store. You really had to be there to get the full effect on how funny it all was, but lucky for you Ryan sneakily brought the camera along. Yes I did cooperate to take a picture but only because the whole thing was so funny.

7 comments:

GoldfishSnacker said...

Jennifer - this is hilarious. i love that ryan insisted on this...had i been in your shoes, and john insisted on this -i probably would have hit the ground running - out of the store that is. Jack would have wanted to drive too, but not until after him and Riley had a full screaming fight over who got to go first!
Oh and you are not fat. Besides - i see all of you graham women --- you all snap back so quickly. its almost unfair!

keep on posting my friend! this one made my day!
Any names for this little boy wonder?????

xoxoxo
Allison

Kristin said...

I don't know that I could have actually done that...you are so brave!!! What a great story!

Emily said...

I love it! That is so funny. I could just see Alli trying to help. My favorite is the sign on the front of the cart. Did Zachy not want to ride too?

Kellyry said...

Hahahahaha! I can just imagine the scene. Glad everyone made it out alive and you got out for while.

Phoebe said...

So do you have to ask permission to use those carts? I have always wanted to. The next time I am pregnant I will have the PERFECT excuse.

kellkellnd said...

What a trooper you are. At least you will have a funny store to tell out of all of this. If I was in your shoes I think I would do just about anything to get out of the house for a while.

I'm curious too. Any names picked out yet?

Desirae Badger said...

This is too funny. I like the sign on the front of the cart, "for our valued customers who need a little lift." You actually look pretty good for being bed-bound for two months. When that little baby comes out, you know it will be all worth it.
-Desirae