Sunday, January 27, 2008

Random Pictures

I was looking at my pictures taken this past month and came across a few random ones I thought I'd share. As I was looking at these pictures, I kept wondering what I did before I had kids. Ryan and I were married five years before Allison came along. I know I went to school and worked, but how boring! They have brought so much joy and excitement into our lives that I really can't remember life without them. A few weeks ago, Zachary fell as he was running down the isle at Lowe's and chipped his front tooth. This is not a very good picture but it's the only one I took. Ryan already calls him "Buck tooth Billy" because his teeth stick out from sucking his thumb so much. Now it has been changed to "Buck-Chip Billy!"
Here is my crazy daughter riding her scooter to go take a bath. As I have posted before, she is totally obsessed with that darn scooter. She has never been attached to a blanket, doll, stuffed animal, her mother....nothing! But, at four years old, I can say she is attached to a scooter. The thing never leaves her side. She asks me to "keep an eye on it" while she is at preschool. The other day she decided to attach balloons to the side of it and ride it to the bathroom to take her bath. She definitely keeps us on our toes, but I wouldn't have her any other way.
Then there are the two of them together. Their personalities are so different, but they can't get enough of each other. A couple of weeks ago they wanted to have a slumber party at Grandma's house but grandma had to work the next day, so that didn't work out. Allison said, "that's okay Zachy can just sleep in my bed." They had never done that before, but I thought, why not? So for about six hours they had a "slumber party" until Zachy came into our room and wanted "own bed."

2 comments:

the Koch's said...

Those pictures and the stories that go with them are priceless. The chipped tooth, a crack-up. The scooter I can just picture as she is turning the corners in your house heading to the tub. And the one of them sleeping... so cute!

Kellyry said...

I hear that kids do that to you...Make you wonder what you ever did without them. Despite all they require, their presence in your life is undeniable.

Kir's 2 boys (5 & 8) share a bed, despite Lance's bed being in the same room. I think they like knowing the other is just an arm's length away.