Monday, July 20, 2009

Chicken Coop

Right before school was out Ryan decided to take on a project. In Ryan's fashion he was looking through the Sunset magazine and saw an article on chicken coops and thought it would be fun to build one. Not that there were a million other projects that needed to be done, or finished (that was my two cents given.) Needless to say the kids had fun building the coop and picking out the chickens. The chickens were just days old when we got them and they had to stay inside with a heat lamp for a couple of WEEKS. Can you tell my joy?! Now they are outside and everyone is much happier. Eggs will be coming in about a month or so. If you are interested in fresh eggs please contact Ryan!
(pictures are out of order)


Finished coop

Messy, baby chickens

The helpers!









3 comments:

Emily said...

I never did see the coop when we came to visit. Wow, they did a really good job. What a handy man and kids you have!

grannybabs said...

I raised chickens for a couple of years when we lived in Centerville, Utah. I had 14 - they laid a dozen eggs a day - and I had six regular customers who bought a dozen a week - that left a dozen for me and enough money to buy the feed for them!!

It was a good experience - I felt like a regular farmer!

Kellyry said...

I love his ideas! I think I'd like a chicken coop someday. Tell Ryan I'll be in touch. ;-)