Thursday, February 19, 2009

Christmas 2008

Well at least I'm not posting Christmas in July! Christmas always comes and goes way too fast. The kids had a great Christmas, but my track record for great Christmas' hasn't gotten much better. Last Christmas I was seven months pregnant, just gotten out of the hospital, had a broken foot and was on bed rest. This Christmas I was not much better. On Christmas eve I went to the doctor to find that I had a severe case of tonsillitis. I was flat in bed for five days. I got up on Christmas day for about twenty minute and that was it. The kids could care less with all the excitement that Christmas brings, but I was sad to miss it all. I am definitely glad it was me who was sick and not them. The kids have been surprisingly healthy this winter. Allison enjoyed her Kindergarten program, Zachary had his preschool program, and Josh just experienced his first Christmas, the kids were able to sing twelve days of Christmas at the Merkley's which they love, Santa brought a Spiderman scooter for Zach and a special doll for Alli, so overall great memories were made. But with me being so sick we missed driving to Utah for Steven and Melinda's wedding. This broke my heart. But we were able to see them for the reception they had down here. That was a fun night!

Before school started back we were able to enjoy a snow day with Dana and DJ. The kids had so much fun playing in the snow. The funniest thing about that day is that Allison was the scaredy cat going down the sled while Zachary couldn't go fast enough. The faster the better for him, which surprised us all!

Hopefully next year we will all be healthy and the post will come in December!

3 comments:

Emily said...

This next Christmas will be much better for all hopefully. I'm impressed that you are back tracking with your blog, which will be such good journaling for the future.

Stevie and Melinda said...

nice video. next christmas will be way fun, and crazy with all of us and all the new babies. we cant wait.

the Koch's said...

Yes, I agree with Em, such good journaling for the future! Love the slideshow and the music of course! Cute pictures.