Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kindergarten!

It actually happened... my little girl started Kindergarten! It feels like we just brought her home from the hospital and now here we are five years later. Today was Allison's first day at Wildrose. This is the same elementary school where Ryan and I went, so it was extra fun to see her there today. Sorry, but I have to give the whole run-down of events. We just arrived home yesterday from Utah (see previous post) and Grandma Graham wanted to start a back to school tradition. So, Allison was treated to her very first manicure and pedicure! It was just Grandma and Alli, and they had the best time! Grandma stayed for dinner and we had a nice relaxing evening.
I wanted to start a fun tradition also, so the "School Fairy" brought some fun treats for the school kids. Allison's face was priceless when we read the note and she opened the present(pencil box, erasers, sharpener, pencils, and mints!) We then walked down to Rite-Aid and got ice cream.
First Day of Kindergarten Picture ~ That is one happy girl!
Zachary wanted his lunch box too. He put some mints in his!
Walking up to the school. Yes, they held hand on their own. I love that they do that!
Me and Zachy missing Alli
Overall, sending my first to Kindergarten has been a great experience. I love that she is at Wildrose, I love that I know her teacher, Mrs. Mitchell. I love that I will see her on Fridays when I work there and I love that she is so ready. I asked Alli today if she missed me at all. Her exact response, "No" then there was a long pause thinking about the question, "Never." I looked at her a little sad and she said, "But I still love you." "I love you too Alli" is all I could say, holding back a tear.

5 comments:

Emily said...

So cute! What a fun Mom you are. It looks like she fits right in to the school scene.

Sara said...

That is too cute, Jen! Love the traditions you are starting with her. Too fun! I can't believe Alli is really old enough for kindergarten. Where does the time go?

Kristin said...

How cute! Alli looks great in her little school clothes. I love the traditions too! Time does fly by, doesn't it??

Tonya said...

Allison is so darn cute! She really looks very happy and proud to be going to school. Her backpack is almost as big as she is! I really think she was ready for this years ago! I love the school fairy tradition, I might have to copy that! :) We are proud of you, Allison! (Bryan is secretly envious)

Warner Family said...

One day she will miss you. Just not at the place where colors and treats and playgrounds are.
She looks so cute. Very ready to face the world