Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's a Miracle!

Ryan has always teased me for loving cereal. I pretty much eat it everyday. There have been days that I eat if for breakfast, lunch and dinner (not often, but it has happened!) I think it's a Graham thing. Allison has followed in the tradition and loves cereal as well. Her favorites include Shredded Wheat, Life, and Rice Crispies. She has enjoyed it from the time she ate solid food. Zachary on the other hand has resisted cereal from the beginning. I'm not sure why because he is not a picky eater and loves eating what Allison eats. When he first started eating solid food I would offer him dry Cheerios and he just spit them out. He refused to even touch the stuff each and every time I offered it to him. Knowing he has a sweet tooth, I would try and give him the most sugary kind possible (with and without milk) and never any luck. But yesterday Ryan tricked him into trying a bite of Golden Grahams (I'm not sure how) and he looked up and said "I like cereal!" I couldn't believe my ears. He ate a whole bowl of Golden Graham and loved every minute of it! For the past two and a half years I have been waiting for the moment for us to all sit down and have a bowl of cereal, and it has finally happened. The things that make a mom happy! I don't drink the milk from the bowl (I promise) he learned that from his big sister!


5 comments:

Warner Family said...

This is a shining moment> Now can you get him to eat green veggies? I can't believe how big they are all getting. Hope to see you soon.

Helena said...

I don't know if I believe it...I have never seen a Menlove kid turn down any food--haha. Your kids are such good eaters. I love the pic of Zachy drinking the milk from the bowl--so cute.

Kristin said...

Can you work on Gavin now???? The pictures are great and your kids just keep getting cuter, if thats even possible. :-)

Emily said...

I can just picture him with a big smile and saying in his cute voice "I like cereal". Golden GRAHAMS for the Graham side in him. I wonder if he'll like other cereals.

Kellyry said...

I HEART Golden Grahams! (Just wished they didn't get soggy so fast.)